Alejandro Álvarez Ayllón, Marco Clemencic, Gabriele Cosmo, Markus Elsing, Gerri Ganis, John Harvey, Benedikt Hegner, Peter Hristov, David Lange, Pere Mato, Patricia Mendez Lorenzo, Graeme Stewart, Andrea Valassi
- Action Items
- Line Management Issues (John)
- Report from the LIM meeting (Patricia)
- News from projects
- Experiments Feedback
Send AIDA-2020 summary -> John Harvey
Line Management Issues
- AIDA-2020 has been approved and will start on May 1st
- It contains a WP about software packages that are detector agnostic
- WP leaders are Witek Pokorski and Frank Gaede.
Report from the LIM (Patricia)
- Packages demands and status
- requests for Qt5, vectorclass and Doxygen upgrades completed.
- libtool2.4.2 has been requested decoupled from the current LCG releases AFS area. To be provided as we will do for the build-from-sources Grid packages
- dev4 should run with a single CLHEP version (v2). currently under testing in experimental
- Python-messaging package addedd
- pyzmq requested by Andrea has been added
- clang36 has been added as new compiler
- Installation of nightlies via RPMs
- Approach agreed with LHCb; still need to make sure that it works for ATLAS as well
News from CernVM
- Rather successful workshop last week
- good attendance: 50 people in room + 30 online.
- all experiments underline importance to run on HPC resources which requires new developments
- Working on CernVM image publish procedure and infrastructure for ceasier creation
- Will publish 2.1.20 CernVMFS end of this week.
News from ROOT
- Prepared a couple of patch releases for ROOT 5 and ROOT 6.
- Team in bug fixing mode now.
- Effort in merging CMS fixes for multithreading. CMS trying to switch to ROOT 6 now
- bugs reported by the other experiments;
- Upgraded LLVM and JIT. Still dealing w/ problems from the upgrade.
News from Persistency Framework
- Nothing to report
News from Simulation
- patch release 9.6 created
- mainly fixes for ATLAS plus others accumulated fixes
- 10.1 patches in preparation
- technical forum on April 2nd. Presentation and discussion about overall plan of work. experiment representatives have been invited
News from ALICE
- Using master of ROOT 6 for testing
- next week offline week to discuss again ROOT 5 vs. ROOT 6
News from ATLAS
- Reprocessing only with ROOT6 (schedule is november)
- ROOT5 for online and offline production
- Analyses use ROOT 5 and ROOT 6 alongside
- CMT to cmake migration is progressing slowly. Rolf and David are making progress.
News from CMS
- Required multithreading fixes have been included by ROOT
News from LHCb
- nothing to report
- Plenty of working groups being set up with new pages and mailing lists
- CHEP meeting needs preparing
Gitlab in CERN IT
- Federico Carminati volunteered as guinea pig for it
Decided to invite ILC/CLIC representatives for future meetings as well