Goals of WP-3c: Hadronic physics: background radiation
- Compare G4/FLUKA/(G3) for the simulation of the radiation background in the caverns of the LHC experiments.
- Interact with G4 and FLUKA physics experts.
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of G4 vs FLUKA.
- Return achieved precision to WP-1.
- Compare G4/FLUKA for simple benchmark geometries and materials and single incident particles of various energies.
- Neutron Benchmark for G4 using TARC: initial status (A. Howard, Physics Validation Meeting, May 10, 2006)
- Final Geant4 benchmark comparison with TARC data (A. Howard, Physics Validation Meeting, November 21, 2007)
- ATLAS: Data and MC comparisons for Muon spectrometer, including cavern background (LPCC Detector simulation workshop, October 6-7, 2011)
- Preliminary results of Geant4 radiation studies in CMS (P. Arce, Physics Validation Meeting, February 23, 2005)
- Neutron background studies in CMS (N. Srimanobhas, Physics Validation Meeting, September 20, 2006)
- CMS activation studies using Fluka (R. Veenhof, Physics Validation Meeting, November 21, 2007)