The eighth edition of the INFN International School on "Architectures, tools
and methodologies for developing efficient large scale scientific computing applications - ESC16"
will be held in Bertinoro (Italy) from the 24th to the 29th October 2016.
The school is mostly targeted to PhD students, post-docs and young researchers
who are actively involved with the development of scientific applications and systems.
Familiarity and experience with basic concepts of modern OO languages,
in particular with C++ language, are desirable prerequisites to attend the school.
The program of this year is structured along two main tracks:
The basics of efficient programming:
- New processor architectures
- Efficient floating point computation
- Tools and methodologies for improving performance
- Efficient exploitation of the C++ language
- Managing memory usage
Parallel programming for scientific applications:
- Introduction, OpenMP programming
- GPU architectures and heterogeneous programming
- Effective vectorization
- Introduction to OpenCL and CUDA
- Cluster computing